Tomorrow is the start of week 4 for Boot Camp and I have to say week 3 was better, I felt stronger, less sore and less tired. They say if you can keep on doing something for 3 weeks straight it becomes a habit. Well I think this is a good habit to have. It has helped my feel stronger and have more endurance on the tennis courts. But I must say may knees still don’t like the running much.
We did some sprints last week which we all liked much better then the longer runs. It added some variety to our workout. But the guys who are leading our workouts, keep it varied with lots of different variations of exercises, & intensity.
I think we have even inspired a few of our friends to join the next session, since they seeing the results of efforts are paying off.
A few things the Boot Camp staff also suggests for faster weight loss are these:
- Eat immediately after the Boot Camp session, when your cells are most receptive to taking in fuel. Most of your meal will go to your muscles and not to your waist…
- If you drink caffeine, drink it before Boot Camp. Caffeine is a powerful ergogenic aid, which means it will help you burn more fat, work harder and have better performance overall.
- Eat nuts, in very small quantities before a meal to curb your appetite.
- Don’t drink empty calorie beverages. Get all your calories from good healthy food
- Avoid Alochol. It lowers your metabolism.
- Keep a daily food log to get the best results from your efforts. When you track what and when you are eating you get a more complete profile of how your training is effected by your food intake.
- Drinking Green Tea, may help boost your metabolism & help to burn fat. Its also full of antioxidants.
- Get lots of Sleep. Adequate makes it easier to eat right and helps your muscles recover faster